Monday, April 28, 2014

My second time doing PaperArtsy's {3Up}!

As you might know, last year I discovered and became a huge fan of PaperArtsy. Then I got lucky and participated in the last PaperArtsy {3Up}, which was to celebrate PaperArtsy's 10th Anniversary.

You might be asking, "What is {3Up}"? Here's an explanation from Leandra, the PaperArtsy Queen!
"What is #3UP?  If you are a new follower to the PA blog, you can read about our first 3UP here, but in short, as the semester comes to a conclusion at the end of the 4 month period, we end up with a spare week before the new semester commences."
Recently PA blog readers were asked to submit applications along with a request to showcase our choice of the newest stamp sets that were released in February. I asked to use Eclectica/Darcy 08 stamp set, which is a whimsical Steampunk set. The applications were to be sent in by March 22nd and we were to be notified by email. I didn't hear anything, so I went back to business as usual.

Then my mail arrived at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 10th. Imagine my surprise to find a packet from England containing the wonderful Eclectica/Darcy 08 stamp set. Imagine my further surprise to discover that I needed to have my project finished, photos taken, and blurbs written by that Sunday, April 13th. And do you know what? I pulled it off AND liked my project!

Here's a teaser photo of my project, featuring PaperArtsy's Eclectica/Darcy 08 stamp set, PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic paints, and four odd things from my pantry.


Now click on over to the PaperArtsy Blog to see more of my project and the other projects from other lucky {3Uppers}!

Come back here tomorrow and there will be a full blog post about my project that will be tediously verbose and contain more photos!


7 comments:

  1. What a great project and yes the straw pipes, brilliant. Really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. Love your found objects. The colours and cogs are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to say... Fab use of the straws! Love it, your canvas is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project. Lovely idea and colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's fabulous news Kathi!!!!! :) i'm sure i will love your project seeing the photo and knowing you.. i will look at it when coming back home, it will be better than from only my phone. Bises! Coco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's fabulous news Kathi!!!!! :) i'm sure i will love your project seeing the photo and knowing you.. i will look at it when coming back home, it will be better than from only my phone. Bises! Coco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kathi :)
    Once again, you did great job on this fab project. You have such a wonderful imagination !
    Bises. Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete